Barcelona – Manchester United’s efforts to bring Cesc Fabregas called Barcelona defender Gerard Pique will only be in vain. Besides Barca did not want to sell it, Fabregas also want to survive in Catalan.
After the initial bid worth £ 25 million rejected stronghold Barca, MU back to bite the fingers after the second offering which totaled 30 million pounds, also again rejected Los Cules.
26-year-old midfielder became the main prey MU in the transfer market after losing another target such as Thiago Alcantara who choose to Bayern Munich, or Kevin Strootman who join AS Roma.
“United just wasting their time,” said Pique was quoted as saying by The Sun.
“It took a long time for Cesc to realize his dream of returning to the house and he will not give up so easily. This is home, this is the place where his family was, and he was playing with friends nearby.
“He has said to us that he’s happy and he wants to survive,” he added.
Fabregas did previously have committed themselves to survive. While Barcelona has repeatedly expressed no intention to sell it, especially after they lost Thiago.
Hong Kong – Manchester City have brought Alvaro Negredo, Jesus Navas and Stefan Jovetic. The presence of the trio of new players, City are believed to have the best squad in the Premier League.
On the market this summer, City have spent more than 80 million pounds ($ 1.23 trillion) to recruit four new players. The first is a Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho.
Then, the City brought Negredo and Navas from Sevilla to cost 34.9 million pounds. Negredo, who scored 25 goals last season in La Liga, plotted as a replacement for Carlos Tevez move to Juventus while Navas will add strength to the midfield ‘Manchester Blue’.
Lastly, City landed Jovetic from Fiorentina to cost 22 million pounds. Montenegro’s young players have become pillars of the Italian club’s players in the last two seasons and is expected to fill the place left by Mario Balotelli.
All three players was on display in the City pre-season tour in Hong Kong. Assistant team manager Brian Kidd was convinced they were able to take City in the Premier League champions again and go far in the Champions League next season.
“They looked very excited. They look very talented and obviously will make an impact,” believe Kidd was quoted as saying by The Sun.
“In the Premier League and Champions League you need four strikers (plus Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko-red) so you can membua alternative. I would not swap our squad with any team in the Premier League.”
Two star badminton, Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan, the party could face in the world championship summit that took place in Guangzhou, China, in early August.
Chong Wei is world number one and Lin Dan, the Olympic champion and London 2012, are in separate groups in different lottery. This makes them likely to meet in the final round which took place on August 11.
Lin Dan, who is the defending champion, took part in the world championship with a wild card player status. Having won the gold medal in London, Lin Dan a long absence and is now ranked 100th.
Although ranking higher Chong Wei, Lin Dan attendance statistics showed far superior over the eternal rival. He won 21 meetings with 9 defeats.
Lin Dan beat Chong Wei in the final of the 2008 Olympics and 2012 world championships and 2011. This is the fourth time champion Lin Dan.
TOKYO – Signs of Casey Stoner will return to MotoGP stronger. It can be seen from the decision Stoner did four trials in Motegi, Japan. For Stoner, it was his first opportunity riding a special bike MotoGP since 2012.
The last time the Australian MotoGP struggling with a particular motor is in trials in Valencia in 2012 ago. Previously, after retirement from MotoGP in the 2011 season, Stoner decided struggled in the V8 Supercar Racing.
“It’s almost seven months since I tried in Valencia. I am very happy and comfortable with the decision to quit MotoGP. Sometimes I really miss the RCV race, “said Stoner as reported by Crash page on Tuesday (23/7).
Stoner decision to try at Motegi beruji joy greeted the Honda team. Honda HRC Excutive Vice President, Shuhei Nakamoto said, it always opens the door lebart-wide if Stoner back to Honda.
“We warmly welcome the return of Stoner to Honda. He knows a lot about the machine. I am sure, he will be able to help our engineers to develop the RC213V bike, “said Nakamoto.
Stoner holds two world titles in the iron horse races. Namely, in the 2007 season and 2009. He also still holds the record as the only Ducati rider who managed to become world champion. However, Stoner decided retirement from MotoGP when he was very young, 25 years old.
Honda Racing Corporation will ensure the use of former Honda MotoGP rider Casey Stoner as a test rider. 2 times world champion will test Honda RC213V MotoGP machine at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit, Tochigi.
Stoner will perform 4 times testing there. In addition he will taste the motorcycle racing that will be used by some teams elected in MotoGP 2014.
“Almost 7 months ago I announced his resignation in Valencia and I remain comfortable and happy with the decision to quit racing motorcycles, although sometimes I miss driving a Honda RCV,” said Stoner.
“That is why I am very happy to accept the offer of HRC to do some testing at Motegi this year. I can not wait to drive RCV and find out how he has changed from last year. ”
Testing will take place in the next few months. Stoner will provide advice and input to the R & D Team HRC.
JAKARTA – Indonesia’s best mixed doubles, Tontowi Ahmad / Natsir Liliyana been ruled out in the event the SEA Games 2013. Because the schedule clashed with the SEA Games tournament BWF Superseries Finals 2013.
As reported by the official website of PBSI, Tontowi / Liliyana finally settled on the BWF tournaments. BWF Superseries Finals 2013 will take place on December 11 to 15, 2013, while the 2013 Games the sport of badminton will be played on 10-14 December 2013.
“Tontowi / Liliyana will follow the BWF Superseries Finals, as the player who missed the tournament will get penalized. Instead, Riky Widianto / Richi Puspita Dilli SEA Games team will go with Muhammad Rijal / Debby Susanto “said Team Manager SEA Games, Ricky Soebagdja.
Changes in the composition of players also occur in men’s singles and men’s doubles. Tommy Sugiarto is now in the ranking of the two rankings superseries also most likely have to play in the BWF Superseries Finals which will take place on 11 to 15 December 2013.
Partner Hendra Setiawan / Mohammad Ahsan too, their position in the core team SEA Games 2013 will be replaced with a new men’s doubles partner, Ricky Karanda Suwardi / Berry Angriawan.
The following list of Indonesian badminton team at the 2013 Games:
Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka and Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo
Linda Wenifanetri and Bellaetrix Manuputty
Greysia Polii / Nitya Maheswari and Tiara Rosalia Krishinda Nuraidah / Gebby Ristiyani Imawan
Angga Pratama / Rian Agung Saputro and Ricky Karanda Suwardi / Berry Angriawan
Muhammad Rijal / Debby Susanto and Riky Widianto / Richi Puspita Dilli
Jakarta – Todd Purves will no longer be the coach of Indonesia Warriors in the Asean Basketball League (ABL) next season. Warriors decided not to extend the contract which runs out Todd on June 30, 2013.
Todd underwent two that could be considered a successful season with the Warriors. In his first season in 2012, coach from the United States successfully led the Warriors won the first title in the ABL.
In the second season, Todd returned with the Warriors until the final round. But they failed to retain the title after losing to San Miguel Beermen.
“There is nothing wrong or something. It was a wonderful time here and the success that I have had here has given me a good chance in the NBA and internationally,” Todd said as quoted by the official website of the ABL.
“So I hope to continue my career and I owe a lot of the Indonesia Warriors.”
After leaving the Warriors, Purves has not decided where he will continue his career. But Purves admitted that he had received an offer from a number of clubs.
“There are a few options that I was considering with the help of an agent. Has been no decision made at this time but I’ve been contacted by several teams, both internationally and domestically in the United States,” said Purves.
“I will consider the options and will make a decision that I thought would be best for my career and my family,” he said.