Monthly Archives: March 2018

Toronto FC announce signing of Spanish midfielder Alvaro Rey

Toronto FC announce signing of Spanish midfielder Alvaro Rey

oronto FC have added a new player, and a new nationality, to their roster during the open transfer window.

The club announced Thursday they have signed Spanish midfielder Álvaro Rey. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, per team and league policy.

Rey, 24, most recently played for Xérez in the Spanish second division, where he scored three goals in 28 appearances. A product of the Real Betis youth system, Rey also played with Spanish second division side Gimnastic de Tarragona before joining Xérez.

“Álvaro trained with the team for several weeks last month, and played in a reserve match with us against Montreal. He’s very technical and quick, and is good at taking on defenders,” Toronto FC president and general manager Kevin Payne told the team’s website. “He offers something different than we typically see in MLS and we think he’ll help our team become more dangerous.”

Rey will be added to the roster and eligible to play once his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) arrives.

Think Marquez Start World Champion title

Think Marquez Start World Champion title

Laguna Seca – Half season passes, Marc Marquez is able to perch on top of the MotoGP standings. Although still a debutant, young Honda rider’s start thinking about the world title.

Following the victory at the U.S. MotoGP, Monday (07/22/2013) pm dawn, Marquez successfully defended its position at the top of the rider standings. She has now collected 163 points, 15 points ahead of Dani Pedrosa in second position and led 25 points from Jorge Lorenzo is in the top three.

With Lorenzo, Marquez is now so riders with the most number of championships three times. The fact that his physical condition is much better because of not having an accident like that of Lorenzo Marquez was considered to have made ​​a promise to sustain performance in the second half of the season.

“Why not?” Marquez said when asked about the chance to be world champion 2013.

“It will be difficult but I do not expect previously in this position at the start of last season, and this is a good condition,” Marquez said in MCN.

“At present, the most important thing is to feel comfortable with the bike and was in a good condition now. Important to undergo a summer vacation with such conditions, and we’ll see how it is in the second half of the season,” he said again.

Throughout the history of Grand Prix racing, once the new rookie driver won the world title. It happened in 1978 and that doing so is a legendary racer Kenny Roberts.

Sebastian Coe wants four-year ban for failed drugs tests

Sebastian Coe wants four-year ban for failed drugs tests

Sebastian Coe

“We have to go back from two years to four years. The move down to two did a lot of damage to my sport,” Lord Coe told BBC Radio 5 live’s Sportsweek.

“It is for the clean athletes. I don’t care about the cheats we weed out. These people are trashing my sport.”

While the 1500m gold medallist from Moscow 1980 and Los Angeles 1984 does not believe trust in the sport has completely evaporated, Lord Coe is concerned people are losing faith in athletics.

“It is depressing. Trust sits at the heart of this,” said Lord Coe, who is also vice-president of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).

“I don’t think trust is gone entirely, but it was a bad day for the sport. The big challenge here is to go on fighting, this is not a fight we can afford to lose.

“It is about trust. If fans can’t trust the athletes and go there knowing what they are watching is questionable, then we will descend to American wrestling where most of the crowd know it is fake and, worryingly, don’t care.”

Lord Coe believes that athletes are currently taking risks by cheating as the two-year ban does not take enough time out of their career to be a deterrent.

But the London 2012 organiser and current British Olympic Association chairman knows that lifetime bans are not possible.

The BOA, before Coe was elected chairman, had a policy of banning any British athletes from competing in Olympic Games for life if they had previously failed a drugs test.


However, in April 2012 the governing bodylost its battle with the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) to keep the policy.

It allowed athletes such as Dwain Chambers, who failed a drugs test in 2003, to compete at London 2012

“If I could bring lifetime bans in I would,” said Lord Coe.

“The legal inhibitor to be able to do that is profound. We are not going to be able to have life bans, they would be challenged and when we have done it we have lost.

“Four years does make people think, it is a big chunk of your career but two years with appeals is often only 18 months. Too many athletes have been prepared to take the risk.”

Song: Fabregas Love Barca

Song: Fabregas Love Barca


Barcelona – The future of Cesc Fabregas speculated after Manchester United are so eager for him up from Barcelona. But the 26-year-old midfielder loves Los Cules mentioned.

The Red Devils turned to a transfer target Fabregas after Thiago Alcantara chose to accept the proposal Bayern Munich.

To realize the ambition to bring in Fabregas, Manchester United have made ​​the offer twice. The first bid of £ 30m rejected Barca. Similarly, the second bid in the amount of 34 million pounds.

About the transfer speculation that Fabregas, Barca teammate, Alex Song, provide a comment. Although the claim has not been doing talks, Song assess that loves Fabregas Barca.

“I have not talked to him, but I know that Cesc (Fabregas) is fully here,” said Song told Sky Sports.

“He loves Barcelona, the club he loves. He will remain here and give 100 per cent capacity, because I know him well and he will fight. He will focus on the club.”

“He just wants to give the best to Barcelona. He is from Barcelona, he loves Barcelona, and he wanted to start the season to show what he can do.”

“Everyone keeps talking, and talking about (his future), but we know he’s focused on the here and ready to start the season,” he added.

Bernard confirms offers from Shakhtar, Porto and Premier League

Bernard confirms offers from Shakhtar, Porto and Premier League

Atletico Mineiro star Bernard says he has offers from Shakhtar Donetsk and Porto as well as from Premier League clubs.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder has been linked with Arsenal in recent weeks, with his agent hinting that he would depart after helping the Brazilian side to its first Copa Libertadores title on Wednesday.

“I’ll keep working until the board decides something about the transfer,” the youngster told Sportv. “There are offers from English football, Shakhtar and Porto.”

Elated at his role in the Libertadores triumph, Bernard claims that he would remain at his club for the rest of his life if it were feasible but believes a decision is not in his hands.

“If I could, I would stay here the rest of my life,” Bernard said. “I don’t know what can happen with me but, if I leave, I know I will have done my job.

“I have said a thousand times that I want to stay, but it doesn’t depend on me now.

“I made it clear that, if I stay or not, I wanted to leave here with an important title. It’s up to God to decide if I stay or not, up to God, [Atletico Mineiro’s] presidency and the board.

“I am very happy and I want to celebrate this title, which is one of the most important ones I will have in my life.”

Chris Paul make New Contract on the Clippers

Chris Paul make New Contract on the Clippers

Los Angeles – Chris Paul still going to the Los Angeles Clippers in the NBA next season. 28-year-old point guard the Clippers have reached an agreement and a contract extension.

Paul began to strengthen the Clippers in the season 2011/2012 after leaving the New Orleans Hornets. For two regular season, he posted an average of 18.3 points, 9.4 assists, 3.7 rebounds, and 2.5 steals.

After last season ended, Paul free agent and his future had become the subject of speculation. However, she finally decided to stay with the Clippers signed a new contract with a duration of five seasons that will keep him at the club until season 2017/2018.

“Agreement Reached!!! # # ClipperNation GodIsSoGood,” wrote Paul through his Twitter account, @ CP3, shortly after he signed a new contract.

According to reports in circulation, the value of the new contract in Paul’s Clippers reached 107 million U.S. dollars, or around Rp 1.06 trillion.

The persistence of Paul would be good news for the Clippers before the passing of the next season. Those, who was recently hired as coach Doc Rivers, also bring a number of new players such as JJ Redick, Jared Dudley, Darren Collison, Ryan Hollins and Matt Barnes.

NBA flopping rule may go to arbitration, per report

NBA flopping rule may go to arbitration, per report

The NBA Players Association filed an unfair labor practices charge against the league to combat the new anti-flopping fines, but the National Labor Relations Board refused to rule on the complaint. Now, the NBAPA is seeking an arbitrator to work between itself and the NBA, according to CBS Sports’ Ken Berger. In October of 2012, the NBA announced a set of punishments for faking or exaggerating official calls: “We are now in the process of scheduling a case with our arbitrator to determine whether the NBA is allowed to unilaterally impose discipline in an area that exceeds the commissioner’s authority without the consent of the union,” NBPA interim executive director Ron Klempner told on Tuesday. “It’s a subject they need to bargain with us, and we hope that the arbitrator will find that any type of discipline must be collectively bargained.” The complaint against the NBA was filed by the ousted director of the NBAPA, Billy Hunter, who said the league should not have the power to fine its players without discussing it and then earning consent from the union. In the regular season, players were warned once after a first-time offense before being charged $5,000, $10,000, $15,000 and then $30,000 for follow-up offenses. Nineteen NBA players were given warnings during the year, and five players received the initial fines. There were stricter rules without warnings during the playoffs, and eight players earned $5,000 fines in the postseason. The NBA and NBAPA could resolve the issue between themselves to avoid the need for arbitration, and Berger reports discussions are ongoing. Outgoing NBA commissioner David Stern said he was happy with how the anti-flopping rules worked to combat a growing league-wide problem.

Romain Grosjean Staring Positive Hungarian GP

Romain Grosjean Staring Positive Hungarian GP

Romain Grosjean Menatap Positif GP Hongaria

Lotus rider, Romain Grosjean, he headed Hungarian Grand Prix next week, with a positive feeling.
Formula 1 car racer the French failed to score points in Spain, Monaco, Canada, and the UK, but later he was able to climb the podium in Germany.
Currently he is sure to keep the momentum victory while competing in Budapest, Hungary, which will be the 10th in the series championship this season.
“The third position in Germany is a good result, so of course now I have a positive feeling that deal with race in Hungary. We live a great race at the Nuerburgring (Germany),” he said.
Last season, Grosjean finished third in Hungary and wanted to repeat the success.
“I like the circuit and one of the best experiences I have had. I scored pole position for the first time in the circuit while competing in GP2 in 2008, then finished first and third. In 2012 I was on the podium in F1,” he said.
To win the race in Hungary which has a narrow track and a lot of corners, Grosjean said, he should be able merasih kualifiasi fastest time in half.
“We showed last year when we could be in the first line and would be awesome if it was vacant again this year.

‘Conditions Not Cause Problems Circuit in Silverstone Tyres’

‘Conditions Not Cause Problems Circuit in Silverstone Tyres’

Silverstone – The Pirelli reveals several possible causes of tire burst incidents including curbs fringe circuit conditions. Allegation was immediately denied by the manager of Silverstone Circuit.

In the British Grand Prix at Silverstone Circuit on Sunday (06/30/2013) evening local time, there were at least four riders who had broken tire.

Over the incident, the tire supplier arena racing, pole, Pirelli, promised to conduct an investigation. Although reluctant to speculate, they already mentioned some estimates about the cause of several incidents at Silverstone.

On suspicion of curb suburban conditions unsafe, President of the British Racing Drivers Club, Derek Warwick, direct defense.

“Fringe curbs has been used since 2009. We’ve seen a lot of cars drove through the outskirts of the curb, and they are not having problems,” said Warwick as reported by Reuters.

“We ensure the outskirts curbs have been checked by the FIA and the edges of it in accordance with applicable regulations.”

“We have to ensure a good race here at Silverstone, to bring the audience back to the circuit next year. So, if say I panicked a statement that it is an understatement,” he added.

FIFA end Cameroon exile

FIFA end Cameroon exile

Cameroon have been welcomed back to the world of international football after FIFA lifted their competitive ban on Monday.

The Cameroon Football Association were on July 4 excluded from all international action due to the country’s government becoming involved in the running of the national team.

The news came as a massive blow to the Indomitable Lions as they were in danger of missing out on playing their final 2014 World Cup qualifier, where they will meet Libya to decide who goes through from the group stages.

However, coach Volker Finke’s men will now be able to defend their top-spot in Group I after FIFA confirmed the ban had been lifted.

A statement from world football’s governing body read: “FIFA passed a decision (Monday), 22 July 2013, to lift the suspension of the Cameroonian Football Association (FECAFOOT) given that the conditions previously set have been met.

“As requested by the FIFA Emergency Committee, the normalisation committee that was appointed on 20 July 2013 was able to take up its duties this Monday, 22 July 2013, at the FECAFOOT headquarters, with FIFA and CAF observers present.

“The lifting of the suspension means that FECAFOOT’s clubs, officials and other representatives can immediately resume their activities, which had been interrupted. The same applies for the resumption of the courses and various programmes provided by FIFA, CAF and other member associations.

“FIFA and CAF will continue to closely monitor the situation, particularly in relation to the revision of the FECAFOOT statutes.”