Monthly Archives: April 2018

Lin Dan and Chong Wei Opportunity Meet in Final

Lin Dan and Chong Wei Opportunity Meet in Final

Two star badminton, Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan, the party could face in the world championship summit that took place in Guangzhou, China, in early August.

Chong Wei is world number one and Lin Dan, the Olympic champion and London 2012, are in separate groups in different lottery. This makes them likely to meet in the final round which took place on August 11.

Lin Dan, who is the defending champion, took part in the world championship with a wild card player status. Having won the gold medal in London, Lin Dan a long absence and is now ranked 100th.

Although ranking higher Chong Wei, Lin Dan attendance statistics showed far superior over the eternal rival. He won 21 meetings with 9 defeats.

Lin Dan beat Chong Wei in the final of the 2008 Olympics and 2012 world championships and 2011. This is the fourth time champion Lin Dan.

Strong promonition of Stoner Back to MotoGP

Strong promonition of Stoner Back to MotoGP

TOKYO – Signs of Casey Stoner will return to MotoGP stronger. It can be seen from the decision Stoner did four trials in Motegi, Japan. For Stoner, it was his first opportunity riding a special bike MotoGP since 2012.

The last time the Australian MotoGP struggling with a particular motor is in trials in Valencia in 2012 ago. Previously, after retirement from MotoGP in the 2011 season, Stoner decided struggled in the V8 Supercar Racing.

“It’s almost seven months since I tried in Valencia. I am very happy and comfortable with the decision to quit MotoGP. Sometimes I really miss the RCV race, “said Stoner as reported by Crash page on Tuesday (23/7).

Stoner decision to try at Motegi beruji joy greeted the Honda team. Honda HRC Excutive Vice President, Shuhei Nakamoto said, it always opens the door lebart-wide if Stoner back to Honda.

“We warmly welcome the return of Stoner to Honda. He knows a lot about the machine. I am sure, he will be able to help our engineers to develop the RC213V bike, “said Nakamoto.

Stoner holds two world titles in the iron horse races. Namely, in the 2007 season and 2009. He also still holds the record as the only Ducati rider who managed to become world champion. However, Stoner decided retirement from MotoGP when he was very young, 25 years old.

Honda’s Casey Stoner will wear As a Test Rider

Honda’s Casey Stoner will wear As a Test Rider

casey stoner 460x306 Honda akan Pakai Casey Stoner Sebagai Test Rider

Honda Racing Corporation will ensure the use of former Honda MotoGP rider Casey Stoner as a test rider. 2 times world champion will test Honda RC213V MotoGP machine at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit, Tochigi.
Stoner will perform 4 times testing there. In addition he will taste the motorcycle racing that will be used by some teams elected in MotoGP 2014.
“Almost 7 months ago I announced his resignation in Valencia and I remain comfortable and happy with the decision to quit racing motorcycles, although sometimes I miss driving a Honda RCV,” said Stoner.
“That is why I am very happy to accept the offer of HRC to do some testing at Motegi this year. I can not wait to drive RCV and find out how he has changed from last year. ”
Testing will take place in the next few months. Stoner will provide advice and input to the R & D Team HRC.

Tontowi / Liliyana Absent in SEA Games 2013

Tontowi / Liliyana Absent in SEA Games 2013

Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir. (Foto: BadmintonIndonesia.org)

JAKARTA – Indonesia’s best mixed doubles, Tontowi Ahmad / Natsir Liliyana been ruled out in the event the SEA Games 2013. Because the schedule clashed with the SEA Games tournament BWF Superseries Finals 2013.

As reported by the official website of PBSI, Tontowi / Liliyana finally settled on the BWF tournaments. BWF Superseries Finals 2013 will take place on December 11 to 15, 2013, while the 2013 Games the sport of badminton will be played on 10-14 December 2013.

“Tontowi / Liliyana will follow the BWF Superseries Finals, as the player who missed the tournament will get penalized. Instead, Riky Widianto / Richi Puspita Dilli SEA Games team will go with Muhammad Rijal / Debby Susanto “said Team Manager SEA Games, Ricky Soebagdja.

Changes in the composition of players also occur in men’s singles and men’s doubles. Tommy Sugiarto is now in the ranking of the two rankings superseries also most likely have to play in the BWF Superseries Finals which will take place on 11 to 15 December 2013.

Partner Hendra Setiawan / Mohammad Ahsan too, their position in the core team SEA Games 2013 will be replaced with a new men’s doubles partner, Ricky Karanda Suwardi / Berry Angriawan.

The following list of Indonesian badminton team at the 2013 Games:

men’s singles
Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka and Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo

women’s singles
Linda Wenifanetri and Bellaetrix Manuputty

women’s doubles
Greysia Polii / Nitya Maheswari and Tiara Rosalia Krishinda Nuraidah / Gebby Ristiyani Imawan

men’s doubles
Angga Pratama / Rian Agung Saputro and Ricky Karanda Suwardi / Berry Angriawan

mixed doubles
Muhammad Rijal / Debby Susanto and Riky Widianto / Richi Puspita Dilli

Todd Purves and Indonesia Warriors Split

Todd Purves and Indonesia Warriors Split

Jakarta – Todd Purves will no longer be the coach of Indonesia Warriors in the Asean Basketball League (ABL) next season. Warriors decided not to extend the contract which runs out Todd on June 30, 2013.

Todd underwent two that could be considered a successful season with the Warriors. In his first season in 2012, coach from the United States successfully led the Warriors won the first title in the ABL.

In the second season, Todd returned with the Warriors until the final round. But they failed to retain the title after losing to San Miguel Beermen.

“There is nothing wrong or something. It was a wonderful time here and the success that I have had here has given me a good chance in the NBA and internationally,” Todd said as quoted by the official website of the ABL.

“So I hope to continue my career and I owe a lot of the Indonesia Warriors.”

After leaving the Warriors, Purves has not decided where he will continue his career. But Purves admitted that he had received an offer from a number of clubs.

“There are a few options that I was considering with the help of an agent. Has been no decision made ​​at this time but I’ve been contacted by several teams, both internationally and domestically in the United States,” said Purves.

“I will consider the options and will make a decision that I thought would be best for my career and my family,” he said.

Aspac win this season NBL Awards

Aspac win this season NBL Awards

Surabaya – Jakarta Aspac scooped seven awards event title National Basketball League (NBL) from 2012 to 2013. Young players Andakara Prastawa be collecting the most awards, capturing three titles.

Aspac arguably appear dominant in the regular season the NBL this year. The team from the capital it has established himself a champion of regular half guard and led them, Pringgo Regowo, won the Most Valuable Player (MVP).

It increases the success-after title was followed by pelar Coach of the Year award is attributed to architect Aspac, Rastafari Horongbala.

Not quite there, Aspac young guard who is also the son of Rastafari, Andakara, crowned Rookie of the Year. 20-year-old basketball player was also successfully achieved the Sixth Man of the Year and included in the 2012-2013 NBL First Team.

Other players nominated in the first team this season is Dimas Aryo Morrow (Pelita Jaya Jakarta Energy-MP), Pringgo Regowo (Dell Aspac Jakarta), Rizky Ardiansyah Way (Milky Nikko Steel Malang), and Rony Gunawan (Satria Muda Britama Jakarta).

The last award was given to Aspac title of Best Management Award this season. All new trophy that will be awarded as Indonesia NBL Championship Series held at GOR UNY Yogyakarta, May 18 to 26 next.

Here is a complete list of Award winners NBL 2012-2013:

MVP (Most Valuable Player)
Pringgo Regowo (Dell Aspac Jakarta)

Coach of The Year
Rastafari Horongbala (Dell Aspac Jakarta)

Defensive Player of the Year
Galank Gunawan (Satria Muda Britama Jakarta)

Sixth Man of the Year
Andakara Prastawa Dhyaksa (Dell Aspac Jakarta)

Sportsmanship Award
Max Yanto (NSH GMC Riau)

Rookie Of The Year
Andakara Prastawa Dhyaksa (Dell Aspac Jakarta)

Speedy NBL Indonesia 2012-2013 First Team
Andakara Prastawa Dhyaksa (Dell Aspac Jakarta)
Dimas Aryo Morrow (Pelita Jaya Jakarta Energy-MP)
Pringgo Regowo (Dell Aspac Jakarta)
Bima Rizky Ardiansyah (Milky Way Nikko Steel Malang)
Rony Gunawan (Satria Muda Britama Jakarta)

Top Scorer
Bima Rizky Ardiansyah (Milky Way Nikko Steel Malang) 16:52 PPG

Top Rebound
Galank Gunawan (Satria Muda Britama Jakarta) 10.00 RPG

Top Assist
Kelly Purwanto Ari Nugroho (Pelita Jaya Jakarta Energy-MP) 5:09 APG

Top Block
Ruslan (Stadium Jakarta) 2:48 BPG

Top Steal
Dimaz Muharri (CLS Knights Surabaya) 3:15 SPG

Best Management Award
Dell Aspac Jakarta

Beermen face Warriors in final

Beermen face Warriors in final

Bangkok – San Miguel Beermen stepped into the ASEAN Basketball League finals after eliminating Sports Rev. Thailand Slammers. In the fourth game, 77-61 win over Slammers Beermen.

With the victory at Nimibutr Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand, Thursday (30/05/2013), the Beermen won the semifinal playoff round with a score of 3-1.

Paulo Hubalde had 16 points and five assists for the Beermen. While teammate Hubalde, Pauliasi Taulava, had 15 points. While the camp Slammers, Christien Charles had 15 points and nine rebounds.

Beermen appeared dominant since the first quarter, in which they excel over Slammers 21-13. Only in the second quarter alone they lost the points of the Slammers.

An additional 24 points in the final quarter and then took Slammers to meet the Warriors, who had first advanced after defeating Westports Malaysia Dragons.

This is the final test. Last year, the Warriors defeated success to become a champion Beermen through three games.

Beermen won the first game by a score of 86-83 at the Ynares Sports Arena. However, the Warriors got up and won the next two games, each with a score of 81-61 and 78-76.

The first final between the Beermen and the Warriors will be held at the Ynares Arena on June 7.

NBA approves Hornets name returning to Charlotte

NBA approves Hornets name returning to Charlotte

LAS VEGAS—Charlotte is the home of the Hornets once again.

The NBA unanimously approved Charlotte’s nickname change from Bobcats to Hornets on Thursday at the league’s Board of Governors meeting. The original Hornets built a supportive fan base in Charlotte from the time they entered the league in 1988 until they moved to New Orleans in 2002.

But the new owners in New Orleans have changed the team’s name to the Pelicans. That opened the door for owner Michael Jordan to bring the Hornets name back to Charlotte. The change will take place after the 2013-14 season.

“We’re thrilled to bring back the Hornets to Charlotte and the Carolinas,” Jordan said in a statement issued by the team. “The passion and enthusiasm around this name change by fans in this market has been unmatched. They overwhelmingly told us what they wanted, we listened and we couldn’t be happier with the Board of Governors’ approval of the name change. With the young team we are developing on the court, the direction of our business and the return of the Hornets name, we are extremely excited about our future. The buzz is back!”

The city, and the franchise, has been looking for a fresh start. The Hornets were a ticket-selling powerhouse for years, leading the league in attendance eight times and selling out 364 straight games in their turquoise, white and purple uniforms. The city bonded with a charismatic team that included such as stars Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson and fan favorite Muggsy Bogues.

But the franchise fell on hard times under previous owner George Shinn, who took to the team, and the Hornets name, to New Orleans. The NBA brought an expansion team back to Charlotte two years later, a team nicknamed the Bobcats in part due to founding owner Bob Johnson’s name.

The brand never resonated with the people the way the Hornets did, in large part because the team only has had one winning season and one playoff appearance in its first nine years of existence. The Bobcats, with their nondescript orange and grey color scheme, won just seven games two years ago and only 21 last season. So they are hoping the energy brought by the name change, even if it will take another year to set in, will somehow help galvanize a young team.

“We want to reach back and grab some of that equity that the Hornets earned in our community,” Charlotte COO Fred Whitfield said. “They did a lot of great things off the court. They were involved in the community. They became very accessible to the Charlotte fans and citizens of Charlotte. We want to reach back and grab some heritage and use it as we move forward to build a brand with our young team that continues to improve.”

The Bobcats’ website hailed the return of “Buzz City” and team officials said 2,000 season-ticket holders turned out at a downtown party that turned into a celebration of the name change. Bogues and other former Hornets including Rex Chapman, Kelly Tripucka, Dell Curry and Kendall Gill attended as well.

Commissioner David Stern said that he had heard pleas from Charlotte basketball fans for years to give them back the Hornets nickname, and he initially brushed those aside with a “get over it” view of the complaining. In time, however, he came to understand how important the name was to the community.

“It stayed there, bubbling below the surface, and there is something to it,” Stern said. “I think that the team is going to receive support from fans who think that this is a step in the direction that the fans have been asking for, and this is an attempt to both satisfy the fans and its accompanied by a kind of very specific market research that allows the Hornets to say, yes, this is what the market is asking for and they’re very much serving their market by making this change.”

The board also gave final approval to several rules changes, most notably expanding instant replay in the final two minutes to help officials with the block/charge call, perhaps the most difficult judgment in the game. If an official reviews a play to see if a defender’s feet were in the restricted area or not on a block/charge, the official can now also review whether the defender’s feet were set for a charge or if his body was still moving for a blocking foul.

“You always try to level the playing field and basically get it right,” said Kiki Vandeweghe, the league’s new vice president of basketball operations. “That’s the main focus is getting calls right.”

Officials now will also be able to review whether an off-the-ball foul occurred before or after a player started his shooting motion on a made shot, or before or after an inbounds pass. And during any review, the referees will also be able to now decide if any unsportsmanlike or “unnecessary” acts, including flagrant fouls, merit further punishment.

Two rules changes were adopted as well:

—It will no longer be a clear path foul if the defender gets ahead of the offensive player in the frontcourt before the foul is committed.

—If a player on offense stands out of bounds on purpose to create more spacing for his teammates, the offensive team will lose possession of the ball.

Honda refused Barca for Milan?

Honda refused Barca for Milan?

AC Milan CEO Ernesto Bronzetti confirmed that CSKA Moscow star Keisuke Honda to join the Rossoneri.
Men are also members of the club Milan was even claimed Japan 27-year-old star has rejected the proposal of Barcelona.
“Tonight after their League matches (Russian league) He will speak with CSKA president to tell him that she wanted to go,” said Ernesto on Sky Sport Italia.
“They want to keep him for the Champions League, but he only wants to join Milan,” he claims.
“He even turned down a move to Barcelona.”
Although constantly linked with Milan but about the value of the transfer is still an obstacle displacement Honda, Milan even mentioned going to wait until the January transfer window when the contract is completed the player which means Honda are going to Italy for free.

Higuain get Closer to Napoli

Higuain get Closer to Napoli

Napoli – Gonzalo Higuain will most likely soon be a Napoli player. The Argentina striker has been rumored to be in Italy to continue the process of transfer to the Stadio San Paolo.

Diansir Italian Football, Higuain had landed in the city of Rome on this day, Wednesday (24/7), and immediately underwent medical tests. Napoli reportedly put up 37 million euros for Real Madrid to get the 25-year-old player, beyond a certain bonus amount can be up to 3 million euros.

Higuain joined Les Merengues in 2006. When digaet of the River Plate, he was rewarded with a transfer value of 12 million euro nominal.

During the joint El Real, the 25-year-old attacker was a success, although in the last few seasons have played alternately with striker Karim Benzema as a starter. Total Higuain Madrid appeared in 187 games and 107 goals packing.

Napoli president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, was intending to improve the team after losing Cavani who sold to Paris Saint-Germain. Previous Higuain industrious associated with two other clubs: Juventus and Arsenal.